Interactive Media Fall 2006 Assignment 10 Due Noon November 13
-Please bring in your Proposal for your final project, including concept, digital applications used, work plan
-Text: read pp. 170-199 and post 1 p. reflection
-Check out NVu a free open source software similar to DreamWeaver, and a handy Tutorial
-Save your iMovie as Quicktime and put it on your Blog
-Please remember to Edit each of your classmates' Art Review Wikis!

2 comments:
After reading this section, I thought to myself how ironic it is that some ideas that were once science fiction are now becoming science fact. Just think back to the first James Bond movie, were James would speak into a small microphone in his watch, could access a digital map of his location, and had a car that could do, for lack of a better word, crazy stuff. Back in the early 70s, when these films were made, none of this stuff came close to existing. However, now almost everyone in America has a cell phone they can use anywhere and cars come with GPS system and can park themselves. This comment was all brought on when I read about the microchip implant in the chapter. As we mentioned in class, I have been made witness to what implanted chips can do. I saw a husband and wife have all their access to there home, cars, and other items programmed into the chips, on the back of their hands. What a concept. This was what I found to be the most interesting section of our reading. The rest of the section was also interesting because I felt that the art and science aspects were beginning to finally solidify equally. In past sections of this book, I felt that science was creating this technology, and then artiss got their hands on it and pushed the technology to the breaking point. This section seem like the technology was openly intended to be an artistic expression of art and science as a symbiotic relationship.
Post a Comment